Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Week 76- Christmas! Year 2

Friends and Family,
This Christmas was awesome! We had some great families that fed us and it was awesome getting to talk with my family. It was encouraging. I'm excited to go out and work harder. Knowing that I'm going home in a couple months really motivates me to finish off strong. No trukiness! haha.
My new companion is Elder Castillo. We knew each other up in Baton Rouge. He is a Spanish missionary, so I'm excited to find some Hispanics in this area to teach.
The first night we were companions, we were out biking. The lady we were trying to see wasn't home, so we just biked around the corner. We felt like we should knock on one door specifically. It ended up being a younger couple who just moved in. They were sort of open, and he said we could come back. It's great how the Spirit leads us to the right people. I love it.
Christmas was great. We spent time with two different families. We got a couple gifts from some of the families in the ward. They made it feel as much like home as possible. We had some gumbo, ham, fried turky, oyster dressing, and some other good stuff. All in all, it was amazing. And I loved talking to my family and seeing their faces. I can't believe that's already over. Time is going by quick. I hope to enjoy it and keep working hard. Love y'all!
-Elder Chandler Allen



Elder Castillo

No comments:

Post a Comment