Monday, December 19, 2016

Week 75- Now I'm in the Bayou

Friends and Family,
I'm in Thibodaux(tib-a-doe). haha. It's awesome. We live right on the bayou. The first time tracting here, we met an older guy, and I hardly understood half of what he was saying. Haha. He had such a thick cajun accent. It was awesome! The ward is great down here.There is a lot of potential and people to work with down here.
One of the families we are teaching are Scott and Tammy. They have great potential. Scott read through a lot of the Book of Mormon already. He asked about 1 Nephi 13 and asked where the plain and precious truth were that were lost from the Bible. Amazing question, and we lead him to the intro page to the Book of Mormon where it says that it contains the fullness of the gospel. Great lesson, and we had a member there to back everything up that we taught. Just a great night.
My companion is Elder Shuck. He's awesome. We get along really well. Just super nice and always looking for a way to serve.
I love it down here. I'm very excited for the future. Love y'all and Merry Christmas!
I know that Christ is my Savior. I feel it everyday as I kneel down and repent. That's where I get my motivation to share the gospel. Look for ways to do that in your lives.
Love,
Elder Chandler Allen

The Thibodaux Apartment

Elder Shuck and Elder Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment