Monday, August 29, 2016

Week 59- We Aren't Demolishing Houses

Friends And Family,
This week has been good and humbling. I learned a great lesson yesterday. We were at a house tearing things out that were damaged by the flood. I just felt uncomfortable the whole time because flood clean up is a really dirty and yucky job. I was just ready to give up. I wasn't trying very hard. I was coming up with excuses. In fact, this house is probably going to have to be completely demolished, so the whole time I was just like why are we even tearing things out? During lunch, some others brought that up to the leader of the group, Brother Sherman. He had a neat response. He said: It has been said to me multiple times that we are not here to demolish homes or to tear out stuff ruined by the flood. We are here to soften hearts and give hope to those who need it. If it makes the owner happy and hopeful if we clean up the house, then we must do it. What a powerful message.
I was able to go on exchanges twice this week. I love getting to know other missionaries. I went on exchanges with one missionary that I came out with, but had never gotten the opportunity to serve with. He is a Spiritual Giant, very loving and interested in others. Hopefully I continue serving around him.
The people we are serving around here truly appreciate it. I know it is softening their hearts and providing hope. They are so appreciative. I hope Christlike love continues to shine as we serve.
Love y'all!
-Elder Chandler Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment