Monday, December 28, 2015

Week 24- A Very Merry Christmas

Family and Friends,
I hope all of you had a very merry Christmas! I had a very good Christmas. We woke up, opened some great gifts(thank you all for sending me stuff!), Then we went to the branch President's house to skype home. I got to talk to my family for about 2 hours and it was awesome! Time flew, but we still enjoyed it. Then I just hung out at their house for the rest of the day until we went to do some service with the Branch President. It was fun doing service on Christmas.
On Pday I tried Blue Bell ice cream for the first time. It's a huge thing down here. It was very delicious(cookies and cream by the way). We then got to go to the Saint's game!!! haha. The person with our tickets didn't actually show up, so after standing outside for a little bit, we decided to buy some tickets from some random guys. The were 5 bucks cheaper, but they were in the lower bowl, 11 rows from the field!!! The other ones were in the upper bowl. It was so fun, although the Saints lost. I saw Ziggy Ansah from BYU. That was neat. 
This week, we also got the opportunity to visit the World War 2 Museum. It was a really neat experience. There was a lot to take in all at once. They had some really cool videos. It was a special experience to walk into the room about the nuclear bomb. It was very quiet and the whole mood was respectful. That really was a sad thing. 
A really cool experience me and Elder Wilson had this week was when we were trying to visit some old investigators, a thought came to my head to go knock on this one door. I first came up with excuses not too, but then I realized that was Satan, and when we receive revelation from the Spirit, Satan usually follows. So on the way back to the car, we tried knocking on the door. It was a family, so we taught how the gospel blesses the family. The Dad's name was Andrew. He was open to listening and he even invited his whole family over to listen! He agreed with all of it and took it in great. We taught the Restoration, which always brings the Spirit. They agreed to have us over again to have us bring a Book of Mormon. We went back the next day, not thinking they would be home, but Andrew answered again and treated us like we were best friends! We even asked us where our church was before we asked him. He was knowledgeable in religion and he was very open to hear more! Elder Wilson says that the family will get baptized. I don't doubt it! I know they will too. I am very thankful for the Spirit, which brought that thought to my mind. I know that the Spirit makes this work, work.
I love y'all and hope each one of you have a great time setting new goals for this upcoming year! I will share mine with you next time. My ponderize scripture this week is 2 Nephi 31:8-9.
Love, Elder Chandler Allen


                                                         The apartment Christmas tree



                        Showing off his PJ's from Grandma and Grandpa Hatch and his buff-ness.

                    

                                                        At the Saint's football game.
                                                     



                                                          The World War II Museum.
                                                   




 

No comments:

Post a Comment