Monday, December 7, 2015

Week 21- Blessings in Chalmette

Friends and family,
This week has been great. It was very busy and went by super fast. I like these weeks the best because they're full of work. We have been doing a lot of tracting recently and we have actually found some success from it. We have some solid new investigators and some referrals from one of them. Everyone accepted the message when we taught it to them. That's normally what happens when we teach the restoration. I know the spirit testifies to their hearts when we share that message. 
Wilson is so ready for baptism. I'm overjoyed! The light of Christ is just constantly beaming in him. He is such a sincere and nice guy. Even though he can only read a few words in the Book of Mormon because of his bad sight, he feels its power and firmly believes it's true. He carries it with him everywhere. It's so neat. He has the desire and God knows that. I am so happy I have  had the privilage to take part in helping him towards conversion. He's even excited to share the gospel with others and go about doing good.
His nephew is really open to our message too. He remembers how good it felt to go to church with his family when he was younger, and he really desires that now, so why not our church? He retains everything we teach him. It is so cool to see what happens when we actually apply the message to them personally. We helped him understand that his grandpa who passed away is in the spirit world. He is so interested by our messages. Hopefully he starts coming to church soon.
We helped Leon mow his lawn this week. That was fun. We are helping him progress slowly but surely. I think we are going to focus on really having the spirit with us during his lessons. He honestly wants to know how he can grow closer to God.
Elder Wilson is such a stud. He is a really hard worker and has a lot of hope and faith. I love his work ethic. I don't have to worry about having to pull him along. I actually need to worry about him pulling me along. Haha. He loves everyone too and everyone loves him. I am so grateful to work with him.
We had some fun playing basketball with some kids our age and then with an investigator. I love hanging out with people like that. 
We went to a multi-faith bible study this week. It was a new experience. We had a really long prayer, but very heart felt. It's interesting listening to the prayer and hearing people muttering things and agreeing with all that was said. There were even people muttering in tongues. It was a neat experience. I had a great time. It was fun. But the next day, I just felt like it wasn't that fulfilling of an experience. This strengthened my testimony. It's hard to explain how I felt, but I just know that this gospel brings lasting, constant joy and peace. We are so blessed to have this wonderful gospel. It certainly fills that hole within us.
I hope everyone has a great week. I hope everyone enjoys thinking about the Savior more as it's Christmas season. I love all of you so much and miss everyone.
Love, Elder Chandler Allen

-- 
Elder Chandler Lee Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment