Thursday, December 3, 2015

Week 20 Life in the Big City

Family and Friends,
I got transfered to Chalmette, Louisiana. It's pronounced shal-met. It's right outside of New Orleans. We have the Downtown Elders in our district and we go to downtown NO every district meeting. It's awesome being down here in a big city! And we have a car!!!!! I can't tell you how happy I was when I found that out. My new companion is Elder Wilson. He is from South Jordan. He went to Bingham and Herriman. He has been out only two transfers, while I've been out three. So lots of greenie fire. I love it. He is already a great missionary though. I'm so happy he's my companion. He's a hard worker, good example, charitable, and loves to have fun. The spanish elders stay in our apartment as well. They are the best. We have a great time in the apartment. Haha.
We already have a few great investigators, two with baptismal dates. Robert is on date for next weekend, but I haven't met him yet since he's been out of town. Wilson just committed yesterday in an awesome lesson at the branch president's house. He is so humble. He's had a lot of challenges recently. He wants to find peace and come closer to God, so we were able to commit him for later in December. A cool story with him, when we were starting a lesson at his house, I felt like I needed to invite everyone in the house to come participate. His nephew, Wayne, came and participated a lot. He was really interested and even said he would be baptized if he came to know if the Book of Mormon was true. Such a cool experience. I know the Lord is blessing us with people to see.
Leon is another new investigator who has had a lot of struggles recently too. He called us up and wanted us to go visit him, so we started teaching him. One visit, the lesson was unfocused and getting harder for him to understand. Finally he just asked us how he could know if the church was true. We were very glad to give him a Book of Mormon telling him to read and pray about it. If it was true, the church is true. I hope he continues to progress. 
Church was great. We have a great branch who is very focused on missionary work. They doubled their attendance just in the past year. It's growing a lot, and we are super excited about it. I am so happy and grateful for the opportunity to be involved in that. Elder Wilson has worked really hard to find investigators, and it's working! 
I hope all y'all have a great week. I hope your Thanksgiving was great as well!
Love, Elder Chandler Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment