Monday, December 21, 2015

Week 23- Christmas Miracle

Family and Friends,
We had a baptism!!!! It was a miracle, and since its around Christmas, it's a Christmas Miracle. Haha. Wilson got baptized. I got to go down in the water to help him balance since he only has one leg. Elder Wilson did the actual baptism. He was so happy and he felt clean. He told everyone from the font that he loved all of them. Haha. He's such a sweet and spiritual guy. I had the privilage to confirm him the next day. After he received the gift of the Holy Ghost he told me that God was talking with him. The gift of the Spirit is so wonderful. He was so thankful for it and was blessed for his righteous actions. He made some very inspired comments during church after he was confirmed. And his nephew, Wayne came with him, so hopefully we can start teaching him and help him follow in the footsteps of his uncle. Wayne is a really funny guy.
We went on exchanges this week with the downtown Elders. They are awesome. We double worked our area, so all four of us slept in the same apartment. I was with Elder Hardick, an awesome greenie. This is his 2nd or 3rd month out. He finds a lot of joy from being obedient and I look up to that. That really motivated me to step up my game. haha. He's from Canada. He knows Brandon Mugerian, my cousin!!! Apparently Brandon taught  Elder Hardick's girlfriend. He said Brandon was an awesome missionary. I don't doubt it.
We have found some new investigators lately. We just need to start following up with them. Haha. We even tried to tract in the richest neighborhood here in Chalmette and we found someone. Usually they aren't as open to the message. It was awesome though. I really think that the Christmas initiative has helped out because we would just ask to share a Christmas message and they were a lot more willing to listen.
This week has been great. I'm doing great and can't wait for Christmas! I wish each of you a very merry Christmas! I hope as you turn your thought to the birth of Christ, you feel the Christmas Spirit. I love and miss you all!
Love, Elder Chandler Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment