Monday, April 3, 2017

Week 90- A TEMPLE!!!!

Friends and Family,
We are getting a temple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooh! I can't tell you how happy I am. When I heard Saratoga Springs is getting a temple, I couldn't help but shout for joy!!!! I bet the members whose house we were watching conference at thought I was crazy. It was amazing. It still makes me really happy to think about it. I can't wait to get home and see the building of it. It will be amazing!
This week was pretty good. We contacted a lot of less active members, inviting them to watch conference. I hope it helped. I think we will be following up with them this week.
There was a crazy storm last night. It was keeping me up. Just lots of rain and lightning. Pretty crazy!
Conference was really good for me though. I think it gave me a better sense of direction in my life that God wants me to take, and helped me envision what I want to accomplish in my life. I love how it can be so personal to each of us, even though they are talking to such a wide variety of people. Pretty neat. 
One of the things I liked the most was President Uchtdorfs talk on Sunday Morning. Love of God and men cast out all fear. I really liked how he talked about how fear is not a good motive because it doesn't lead to lasting change, so it really isn't the best thing to help with repentance and growing closer to God. I really liked how he provided a solution to that problem. I am going to work on Loving God by learning of Him and trying to emulate Him.
What a conference!
Love y'all! Stay safe!!
-Elder Chandler Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment