Monday, October 19, 2015

Week 14- The Work is Rushing Along

Friends and Family,
I got a new companion this week. His name is Elder Rush. He is a very determined and spiritual missionary. He wants to baptize 5 people this transfer. I know that if it's the Lord's will it will happen. I get along with Elder Rush very well. He is super hilarious. 
We made a goal to contact at least 5 people a day. On Thursday, we had contacted 3 and we were on our way home. We took a different route through a neighborhood. We stopped to talk to one guy, and just as we were wrapping that up, his next door neighbor asked us to go over to her. She asked us why we hadn't ever been to her house and then told us that she wanted us to come teach her and her husband. What a miracle!!! I know the Lord provides a way for us to accomplish worthy goals. It is so neat to see the Lord's hand in this work. It doesn't get done without him. 
We have been trying to contact more college students, so we went to the homecoming parade and game. College is crazy. I'm nervous to go to college, but I know BYU is a good clean college. We were able to find some people that were interested. They are smart kids that want to have purpose in their lives. I hope we can meet back up with them soon.
And we went through all the old investigator contacts on our phone and contacted as many as possible. There were a lot who want to meet back up with us again. Even though it may have not been their time before hand, it may be their time now. 
I'm so glad I'm with Elder Rush now. I've already learned a lot. Thanks for all the prayers and support. I am so grateful for the many blessings God gives me and you. One of the greatest blessings is the spirit. I have been studying the Holy Ghost and came across a really awesome scripture this morning. It's 2 Nephi 26:11. It says when the spirit ceases striving with man, speedy is his destruction. How profound! We must always strive to have the spirit with us. He will help us overcome temptation and even get rid of temptation. The spirit is essential for day to day life. Do all you can to have the spirit with you. One of the best things to do is have scripture study in the morning, so you are equipped with the spirit throughout the rest of the day. Love y'all
-Elder Chandler Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment