Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Week 13- Study, Study, Study!

Family and Friends,
This week has been a roller coaster of a week. Haha. We had an exchange, zone training meeting, and transfer news. Good news! I'm staying in Natchitoches! I'm nervous to see who my new companion is, but also very excited. I'll find out tomorrow. Elder Lehr is going home in two days! It's so crazy and awesome. I'll miss him a ton. 
I was feeling fairly down for some of the week. I was frustrated because I felt like we weren't getting work done and I was just discouraged. I realized that I was missing out on the blessing of the spirit. I had missed out on personal study a few times. There was a very obvious difference in how my day went when I didn't take time to study than when I did actually study. I feel the spirit so much stronger when I put forth the effort to have a full effective study each and every morning. I have realized how important the spirit is. It is SOOOO important. The only way I can be an effective missionary is if I always have the spirit with me. So I am focusing on doing the things that will allow the spirit to always be with me. I hope all of you strive to have the spirit with you always as well. It is truly a blessing. You don't realize how joyous and happy it is to have the spirit with you until you actually put in the effort to allow Him to be with you. It is easy to stay discouraged and unhappy, but it is far better to keep the commandments, turn in humility to the Lord, and allow the spirit to be with you. I testify of that in the name of Christ. 
There were a few missionaries that had family members pass away recently. Please keep them in your prayers.
We had a great lesson with Angie this week. She's the a referral from Olivia. Angie is so ready! She is very humble and willing to accept the gospel. She is in a wheel chair and has muscular dystrophy. I know the Lord looks out for her. She is inspiring to me. She committed to baptism when she finds out if the Book of Mormon is true. I am so exited! I felt the spirit so strong when she committed. I know the Lord lead us to her through Olivia. 
I hope everyone is doing great. I challenge you to take time in the morning to study the scriptures. It starts your day off right. You are much happier all throughout the day. Love y'all!
Love, Elder Chandler Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment