Monday, February 22, 2016

Week 32- Tender Mercies

Friends and Family,
This week has been great! I have had some neat experiences. We followed up with a man named Stephen, whose wife passed away a couple years ago and he just lives by himself. He is a bit lonely, so we were happy to listen to him. He loved to talk. He is an honest truth seeker, and he wants to come to church, so I firmly believe he could get baptized.
Leon is doing great! His car was stolen, but despite that, he has remained faithful and keeps telling us that God will provide for him. I know God is blessing him for living the gospel. He even prayed for the guys that stole his car. He is prepared.
Another special experience was that we were told to visit one lady who had bipolar. At first, she was very closed to us, but then she just started telling us everything about her life. We were able to testify that God loved her. That made her tear up and she ended up crying during the pray. It was a testimony builder that no matter who you are and what you've done, God still loves you, and he wants you to repent and turn to him for comfort.
Our new apartment is great! I love it. We go running right on the lake in the morning and it is beautiful. And me and Elder Schaffer are staying together. I'm very excited about that. He is a great missionary. He only has 3 months left, so we will certainly end it on the right note.
I was again humbled this week, haha. I just realized that I wasn't the best teacher out there, and that I could still improve on a few things. It's ok though. I will set goals and get better so that I teach more of what the Spirit is telling me to say.
Love y'all!!!
-Elder Chandler Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment