Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Week 27- Charity in NOLA

Friends and Family,
This week has been very eventful. We were able to march in the MLK parade in downtown New Orleans. I could just feel the strong Spirit eminating from us. I know that was a very worth while event to participate in. I hope they all felt our love, and the Savior's love. We were also able to sing at a Baptist MLK presentation. My favorite part of the event was when the organist would just start playing or keep playing while they were speaking. There were some great singers and speakers. It was a very memorable experience. We also went looking for apartments this week since we may be moving. If we do, hopefully it all goes smoothly!
Leon is doing great. We had a great lesson with him last night at a members house in the Downtown ward with some other missionaries and investigators. He said he felt the Spirit very strong and was very happy he came.
Wilson is doing good. His car broke down, but our awesome Branch members fixed his car and helped him out! He is moving to his own trailor. He also got two new dogs to go hunting with. haha. We are going to visit him more and help him feel the Spirit because I feel like he is lacking that. 
Dalton and his family are doing great. His girlfriend is reading and praying about the Book of Mormon! It's difficult to get people to do that sometimes, so we are very happy!
In all, it's been a great week. I've always wondered how I can keep myself from judging others. We are all different, and it's ok to accept that. But I think we should show Christlike love by looking for the best in others and their potential, and helping them get there out of love.
Love y'all!
-Elder Chandler Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment