Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Week 7- Can't Wait to Serve

Family and Friends,
This week has been full of service! I love it. It's a great way to do missionary work. It truly builds the respect others have for us. We were able to sing with the elderly. The Baptist hymns we sing are fun and upbeat. We've gone a couple of times, and we now have made some elderly friends. They are all so nice to us. We always have to sing a duet for them. haha. They love hearing the bass because there are mostly ladies that sing. We also were able to help give out boxes of food for the elderly. It was a fun, but exhausting experience. I am truly learning to love everyone, no matter who they are. It's really neat to see that it's not only our church that is charitable towards the poor and needy. We were also able to help a member dig some holes for fence poles. I got some really good blisters, but they were worth it because we got to know that family a lot better, and we realized that we can do some missionary work within their family. I'm so glad we helped out with that. It also reminded me of a time when me and my brothers were really little. We were all in our tank tops and helping dad dig holes for the fence. Haha. It was fun to remember that. Last of all, we helped move a family yesterday. It was the coolest thing to see so many members come and help. There were more than 20 people helping out and we moved that family all in one night. It was really neat and it made a very good impression because they weren't members. It was super fun doing that. There was a great spiritual moment this week. We were having a discussion with a girl named Dynasty. We were teaching her about the Book of Mormon. At first, there were many distractions all around, but as the discussion went on, things around us calmed down. We were able to get her full attention. The Spirit was then able to testify to her. Towards the end, I bore my testimony of the Book of Mormon. I know it's true. I felt the spirit so strong, witnessing to Dynasty of the truthfulness of it. At the end of the discussion, she mentioned that we got her really excited to read the Book of Mormon. It was such a neat experience. 
It has been pretty crazy recently. Transfers are this week. Elder Jacildo, our district leader, and Sister Neilson are being transfered. I'll miss both of them. They are both really funny. I hope they enjoy their next area!
I hope all y'all are able to feel the spirit continually, especially in your homes. It's so nice to have dinner with families here because you can just feel how much love is in the home. The spirit is so strong there and I feel like I'm a part of their family. I love the members here!
Have a fantastic week! I miss y'all. 
Love, Elder Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment