Monday, August 10, 2015

Week 4- 1 Month!

Family and Friends,
How has it been one month already? It's gone by quick, but not at the same time. Honestly, looking back, it feels like a long time, but the good thing is that I've enjoyed all of it and there's no place I'd rather be. A few really crazy things happened this week. The first one is more freaky. We were at Zone Training Meeting and one Elder was talking about how our apartment was haunted. Apparently there was an Elder that thought he saw his sister as a ghost that wanted to grab him or something like that. I was so freaked out. So I went to bed, despite being a bit afraid of the dark, only to wake up to my companion freaking out and panicking! I freaked out too and asked him what was wrong, thinking that it was all happening again. He said something that I couldn't understand and then told me just to go back to bed, which was what happened in the story I heard as well. So for the next two hours, I was too scared to even move from under my sheets. He finally got up to use the bathroom and I asked him again what happened, only to find out it was just a bad dream. He dream a bee was coming to sting him and so he freaked out and woke up freaking out. I was able to sleep after that, but it was a super crazy night! Our apartment isn't actually haunted. The second story was more spiritual. We went tracting and Elder Lehr led us to start at an apartment building. We knocked on all the doors and no one answered. He then walked across the street and we decided to try this one house. We knocked twice and right as we were leaving a lady opened the door and let us in. We soon found out that she wasn't going to open the door because she thought we were Jehovah Witnesses, but she was prompted to open it. Her twin brother recently passed away, and she had been recently questioning how she could know which church was true, even though she was baptist. God prepared her for us, and Elder Lehr was in tune enough with the spirit to be able to lead us to her. It was a really neat experience. We plan on teaching her and her husband. It's been a good week. I've learned a lot! Something really important was that personal study is so important. Without it, my days were a lot harder. I finally made it more of a priority and it has made everything so much better. Hope everyone is loving the last few weeks of summer! Love y'all!
Love, Elder Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment