Monday, August 3, 2015

Week 3- 300 Years Old

Hey Everyone,
Did you know Natchitoches is the oldest city within the Louisiana purchase. It's pretty neat I got sent here. The people are so great. We met a couple more people this last week. We had a really neat experience. One evening, on our way home, the sisters saw us and stopped to talk to us. They said they would bring us ice cream if we contacted someone on our way home. We wouldn't ever turn that down. So we stopped at an apartment complex on the other side of the street from our apartment. I had to take the lead on this one and I was pretty intimidated. It was a group of 6 or 7 guys just hanging out in front of the building. I just went up and shared my testimony about Jesus Christ and gave them pass along cards. It was a really neat experience getting over a fear and feeling the spirit strongly. There was even one guy that was really religious and wants us to meet him again. We feel like he has some potential. He was serious about us seeing him again, which is really good because it's difficult to find good potential investigators here. Another funny thing- I got a flat tire again last Monday, so that was three flat tires, three days in a row. Kinda crazy! It's alright though, we got it all figured out and I haven't gotten another one yet. This week was difficult but great. At the beginning of the week, I was a bit discouraged because it seemed like we weren't having any good success and I felt like we were doing all this for nothing because none of our potentials were working out and we have very few investigators. It was after I talked with my companion and prayed that I felt better. All of this is for something. Whether or not we actually baptize someone, we are still making a difference for the better in the lives of others. We are bringing joy and happiness. We are motivating others. We are serving others. We are even shaping ourselves. But most of all, we are bringing the light of Christ into the lives of those we meet with our testimonies of the Savior. It is such a sacred privilege to be a missionary. I hope all y'all can find a way to be a missionary too. Love y'all. Hope you're enjoying your summer!!
-- Elder Chandler Lee Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment