Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Week104- The End and The Beginning

Friends and Family,
It's the end!!!! I can not believe it. Seriously. It's been hard and there are lots of trials, but I will certainly miss sharing the gospel with the beloved people of Louisiana. I can say that part of my heart will be here when I leave. The worst part is that right as I'm leaving there are so many good things going on here in Metairie!! Haha. We just met with a recent convert and her boyfriends family. They are looking for the right church. Great religious, believing people. I really enjoyed the visit. We also have two people lined up with baptismal dates. They have made it far from where they came in life. A success story for sure. And so many great families here in the ward. I will miss it a lot. Great area to finish off with. And Elder Smith has been a true friend. He has been patient when I've been hard headed. Haha. He has worked hard when I wanted to work hard. He has taught me a lot. I love him, and hope the best for the rest of his mission.
One of the biggest things I have learned from my mission is to love others despite their looks or circumstances. When Christ was weary and wanted to rest, there were more people that came to him for help and wanting miracles. Instead of turning them away, He had compassion. Compassion was his motivator. There have been times when compassion had to be my motivator. I was exhausted, discouraged, tired. But I was able to press on because I loved others. I'm still working on it, but I've have gotten better.
I have also learned and become deeper rooted in the doctrines of Christ. Through faith, repentance, making and keeping covenants, we allow the Saviors Atonement to cleanse us and raise us to immortality and eternal life. Have you ever wondered the secret to happiness? That's it.
I have learned how I can continue to grow closer to Christ in my life after I get home. There are many examples of faithful saints here in Louisiana. They have committed themselves to serving Christ and others, and they have grown so much over time. You can feel a strong Spirit about them. They have a glow about them, which is the light of Christ. I hope to have that glow.
Luckily, towards the end of my mission, I'm learning to be ambitious and passionate. I've learned to be even more motivated and confident. It feels good. It's all because my Savior is helping me out.
I have many weaknesses I have realized. haha. The scripture in Ether 12:27 is true. When you come to Christ, He will show you your weaknesses. I have been humble like no other time in my life on my mission. It has been so hard. I've realized I'm self centered, prideful, discouraging to others at times, I get anxious and stressed easily, I'm certainly not a perfect teacher, and I'm not the best with meeting new people. But the other part of that scripture is also true. When you turn to Christ in humility, His grace with turn our weaknesses into strengths. It is true!
I love y'all! Thank you very much for all the prayers and support. Thank you for cheering me on. I can't thank you enough. It has helped my life and has certainly helped so many other's lives, because you helped me tough their lives. I hope to keep bringing others to Christ when I come home. I hope you do too. As you do, you will also come closer to Christ. That's a promise.
Love y'all!
-Elder Chandler Allen


No comments:

Post a Comment