Monday, October 3, 2016

Week 64- Conference...Wow

Friends and Family,
This week was great. I was able to go on an exchange up to Slaughter, Louisiana. The members there are nice. We had a yummy dinner. Mmm. Later in the week, we saw Alex and Jerry, two 16 year old brothers. One is less active and the other isn't a member. Alex, the nonmember, seems pretty interested. He read some of the Book of Mormon. I think he feels the Spirit when we are there. He tends to be a deep thinker and ask good questions. It's exciting to teach them.
We were able to bring a couple people to conference. They were able to see the Sunday Morning and Afternoon sessions. I really wanted them to see President Thomas S. Monsen. He had a short, yet powerful message. He got right to what we needed to hear. I think we will focus a lot on sharing our plan of salvation with others.
I loved conference. I was really hoping to get a lot out of it. I decided to fast the day before. I knew it would help me receive answers to my questions. And it did. This conference was different than any other conference. It seemed like I was able to get something from each speaker. They were all powerful and spirit filled. What a blessing. Can't wait to set goals based off of what I learned.
Hope everyone is doing great. Love y'all!
-Elder Chandler Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment