Thursday, July 16, 2015

Week 1- First Week- A Great One!

Hello Family and Friends,
This week has been.... well indescribable! The first day I was here, I was super sad and scared right when I walked away from my family. As I met my district and my companion, Elder Hunter, I began to feel at peace. Elder Hunter is such a hard worker, but he is still fun. I'm so grateful for him. He has helped me out a lot, even more than I have realized. And it truly helped to have a great friend that coincidentally ended up in my district. Elder Rentfro was one of my great friends at Westlake. The Lord put us together in the same district for a reason. Both him and my companion have great testimonies and strong spirits. They are both really excited to share the gospel with those in their missions. The MTC is such a sacred place, although we still laugh a lot. We wake up, get ready, and have study time. We'll normally teach some investigators, then eat lunch. The food isn't the greatest. It's ok though. I just can't wait for the food in the south. We then have a classroom instruction time where we gain a better understanding of our purpose as a missionary. Then dinner and another classroom instruction until 9:30, unless there is a devotional or something. Then it's bed time. It's difficult getting everywhere on time, but we are still working on that.  I'm doing so well. I love it here and can't wait to share the gospel with the people in my mission.
Throughout my stay here, I have truly been converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know God is my Heavenly Father. I know that it is only through Christ and His atonement that we can return to live with God for Eternity. As I have followed the doctrine of Christ, looking outward, I haven't had as much joy in my life until now. It can get difficult and tiring at times, but through diligence and relying on Christ, I have been able to find so much joy in serving others. Through the atonement of Christ our weaknesses truly become strengths. We just need to have faith in Jesus Christ and do all that we can do to follow God's commandments. I challenge each of you to strive for your own personal conversion. To be truly converted is to be true to what you believe. Think of how you can be truly converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ and make a goal to do that if you aren't already doing so.
I love you all and I'm doing great! I hope all of you are doing great as well!
--
Elder Chandler Lee Allen
                                                        Elder Rentfro and Elder Allen
                                                          Elder Allen and Elder Hunter
                                                          Elder Allen and Elder Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment